LENGTH: 272 pages
Everyone loves to fall in love, and there’s no better time than summer. From beachfront bunking to cruising the ocean’s waves, this year’s edition of gay love stories explores the electric connection between men and men and the sultry sun that melts their hearts. Edited by Brad Nichols.
Contains my story, Summer Kisses and Ice Cream Dreams. When Sean sees Andrew enter the ice cream shop he works at, he falls in love. Unfortunately, Andrew already seems to have a girlfriend. But then she comes back the next day to give Sean Andrew’s number … what’s up with that?
From Summer Kisses and Ice Cream Dreams:
His name is Andrew. He looks at me dead on, then clears his throat and shrugs. "Something warm and sweet," he says, his gaze burning into me. "With lots of cream." He turns to Chad. "You have anything like that?"
Chad frowns at the menu. "Well ..."
If he tells them about the hot fudge sundaes, I'll just die. Warm and sweet, lots of cream. And he's already got a girl? Damn.
"How about a hot fudge sundae? Perfect way to end a perfect day, don't you think?"
I roll my eyes. Of course, I have to work for Mr. Comedian. Andrew stands there smiling because he knows he wasn't talking about the sundaes, and he knows I know he wasn't talking about ice cream ... hell, from the smirk on her face even his girl knows what he's talking about, and if I wasn't already hiding in the corner behind the soda fountain, I'd sink into the floor and just disappear.
My knees are weak from that pale gaze, that deep voice, and any moment now I could melt away like chocolate. I imagine myself as chocolate beneath his hands, melting into his touch, moaning his name, his lips like cherries on my skin, his tongue a swirl of sensation across my body. Tony's as oblivious as Chad. "Fudge sounds good."
Andrew shrugs as I shake ice from my drink into my mouth. "Maybe I'll go for something hard," he says. The ice cracks loudly between my teeth when I bite down on it.
Tony frowns. "You want something warm and hard?"
Damn it to hell, I'm blushing, I know it, flushed and red-I'm not prepared for this. Any other night I'd flirt back; it's summer and there are a million guys on the boardwalk, but this one makes me ache as if I'm waking from a good dream, one I don't want to lose in the daylight. If he didn't have a girl with him, if the Romano kid wasn't here, if Chad wasn't here, maybe I'd flirt back. If I could even look at him and remember how to speak.
- Alternative Read:
- "I found [Summer Kisses and Ice Cream Dreams] to be an intriguing story of a beginning. A beginning to take the time to like, learn, know each other without rushing."
- Fallen Angel Reviews: 4 out of 5.
- "Snyder has fashioned a, at times, humorous and tantalizing story about two guys who, if fate takes a hand, could find a love fulfilling to both of them. Sean doesn’t see much value in himself, but Andrew looks beyond his exterior to the beauty inside ... I would love to read more about the lives of Sean and Andrew to see if they go beyond just a summer fling to a future together."
- Review by Elisa Rolle:
- "If you want to take a break from all the iper sexy M/M story I have read lately, try this tale by J.M. Snyder: maybe for the first time in months I have read something I will have no problem to reccomend also to a underage reader."
- Review by Frost: 5 out of 5.
- "Caution to readers: [Summer Kisses and Ice Cream Dreams] will frizz your hair, curl your toes, and set your skin afire. Yes, folks, and that is without explicit eroticism ... totally scorching."
- Two Lips Reviews: 5 out of 5, with a "heat level" of 0 out of 3.
- "[Summer Kisses and Ice Cream Dreams is] a perfect little read which showcases this author's great talent. This is not an erotic read; rather, it describes the tentative start of a relationship that could be the life changing for the characters. I like the way Sean and Andrew connect from the very first page and the subtle teasing and flirting between them is very well executed. Definitely a sweet read that one would be crazy to miss."