GENRE: Erotica, Fantasy, Romance
LENGTH: 31,081 words | 116 pages
BLURB: Prince Amery Llewellen is the only son of King Adin of Pharr and heir to the throne. When his father is lost in battle with the barbaric tribes invading the northern Pharrisian border, Amery becomes regent in his father's stead. The royal advisers pressure him to take the crown and assume the throne, but doing so will force him to take a wife as well. Amery is loathe to do that, because he's deeply in love with one of his knights, Sir Tovin Raimus, from the southland.
Such a relationship is forbidden -- both because Tovin is another man and because he is a knight, much below the station of a prince. After King Adin forbid their union, Tovin and Amery masked their love with fights and arguments designed to make the servants believe they loathe each other. The whole castle dreads the news that the northern border has been breached, because when Tovin is assigned the position of castellan, that makes him head of castle security. His being stationed so near the regent has the servants believing the two will fight to the death.
That's just a farce to keep their love a secret. But Pharr needs a crowned ruler, and Amery must decide whether to take his rightful place on the throne or forsake his kingdom for the love of one man.
E-BOOK ISBN: 9781611521368 | BUY IT NOW:
JMS Books LLC Amazon Kindle Barnes & Noble iBookstore Bookstrand Smashwords Kobo Google Play
PRINT ISBN: 9781463630171 | BUY IT NOW:
JMS Books LLC Amazon Barnes & Noble
"Gods," Tovin breathed as he crawled onto Amery.
The regent started to speak but Tovin covered his mouth with his own, silencing him with a hungry kiss as his hands roamed the smooth body beneath him. His fingers plucked Amery's nipples erect, eliciting gasps of delight from his lover. Moving lower, he brushed away the hand at Amery's crotch and grasped the thick length, massaging it in his fist, working it hard.
"Tovin," Amery managed to murmur between kisses. When Tovin cupped his balls and tickled one forefinger along the tender skin behind them, the regent arched into the knight's body and moaned. "It's been too long."
Straddling Amery's hips, Tovin sat back and pulled off his surcoat. "It has," he agreed with a grin.
The regent reached for him, hands tugging at the scant hair on his chest, then thumbing over his nipples. Each touch sent a sliver of pleasure spiking through Tovin like lightning, striking his overly sensitive nipples and shooting down to stir the blood already thickening in his dick. He could come from such play -- one of the first times he and Amery had been together, when they were still teenagers and kissing was the extent of their lovemaking, Amery had been amused to find that a few minutes' suckling on Tovin's teats was more than enough to get him off.
Catching Amery's hands in his, Tovin raised them to his mouth and kissed each fingertip. "Stop that," he admonished, "or I won't be able to pierce that sexy ass of yours with my sword."
Amery laughed and, twisting one hand free from Tovin's grip, poked at the bulge in the front of the knight's breeches. "Your sword? Is that what this is? Unsheathe it, knight, and wield it for me. Let me test its breadth and heft. Let me feel its blade."
Tovin rocked back, his buttocks pressing Amery's hard cock against his own legs. The regent's mocking words dissolved in a gasp of delight as his eyes shut against the sensations caused by Tovin's body against his. The hand at his crotch bunched in the fabric covering his erection with a gentle squeeze that made him moan.
Catching that hand again, Tovin raised it to the other and held both of Amery's wrists against his chest. "I have an idea," he announced.
"What's that?" Amery wiggled his hips beneath Tovin to remind him that he was waiting for something more. "Can you tell me later?"
Tovin laughed. "I can tell you now," he replied. "I'm still mostly dressed. These pants aren't coming off until I'm ready."
Amery pouted and tried to twist his wrists free from Tovin's grip. "I think you're ready now," he declared. "I'm the regent. My word is law. I say you're ready."
Laughing again, Tovin leaned down over the regent, stretching his lover's hands above his head to keep them out of reach. Amery's nipples brushed over Tovin's; he had to close his eyes against the thrill sparked by that touch. Between them, his cock throbbed in his pants, aching for release.
"I think you're in no position to argue with me now," he whispered, touching the tip of Amery's nose with his own. Amery leaned up for a kiss but Tovin pulled away slightly. "Not yet."
Amery sighed, frustrated. "Kiss me now. I demand it."
"You can't make demands here," Tovin told him.
- Alternative Read:
- "Should love come before duty? Personally, I believe that duty is a dish best done when one is happy. A person unhappy in their personal life would seem a most ineffective and unjust ruler to me with resentment reigning as top dog in judgment. However, that being said, I did like the solution contrived by them as well as the steamy lovemaking. I would like to see some more about them as they make their new life."
- Fallen Angel Reviews: 4 angels out of 5.
- "Snyder has created an interesting story with historical significance that has many parallels to the modern world ... Amery and Tovin are two very unique men who were able to look beyond social status to see the real man inside of each other. Amery has always thumbed his nose at convention and finds the beauty that lies inside Tovin. Tovin has always protected Amery beyond what was ever expected of him, even though all he wanted was for Amery to choose him."
- Joyfully Reviewed:
- "A beautiful and exciting tale of forbidden love. Amery and Tovin are wonderful."
- Literary Nymphs Reviews: 4 out of 5.
- "A wonderful fantasy, as well as a beautiful romance. The story moves along at a good pace, never becoming boring and always with just the right amount of sensuality ... An easy, comfortable read, though the final battle had me frantically paging down. If you enjoy fantasy stories with gorgeous, loving men, then you need to read The Regent's Knight."
- Puss Reboots:
- "I like Snyder's writing style to try more."
- Rainbow Reviews: 5 out of 5.
- "I recommend this story for those who like the romance of history long gone by with a modern twist."
- Review by Elisa Rolle:
- "Another tale where the yaoi influence is really strong, with the classic top-bottom couple. And it's funny and lighthearted: a very enjoyable reading, that has left me with a smile."
- The Romance Studio: 4 out of 5.
- "An exciting, action packed tale of love, passion and duty. I loved sharing the journey with Amery as he struggled with a decision that would ultimately cost him the throne or the love of his man ... I would recommend this to anyone looking for a passionate story with hot sex and sweet love between two gorgeous men."